Thursday, April 27, 2006

Avery Maharaja Imperial IPA



Avery Maharaja Imperial IPA

is great.

so good.

I am at a loss for words.

It comes in a large bottle and is only available in the summer, supposedly, but I got it a couple of months ago. It was on the recommendation of the guy at my local liquor store who ran the tasting. I have been awaiting some righteous occasion to drink it, yet it was the only beer left in my fridge, which I felt was pretty righteous an event.

It's very thick and creamy. Big creamy head. I assumed this would be super hoppy, but it isn't. It does have the sweetness of a Dogfish 90 Min. Pretty bitter aftertaste. Wondiferous. It's almost a very hoppy creamy red.


It even inspired this man to want to marry the Avery brewery.

It's 9.9% alcohol and you feel it RIGHT AWAY. It's part of the Avery dictator series, which I have not tried much of.

Also, note, Avery has numbers in the titles of the web pages for its beers. The number being 303.440.4324. I first thought this might be a Dewey Decimal Classification as I could only read 303.44 in my browser window. I think on second thought it is not, but 303 is the number for social processes including some revolution, which only makes me love Avery more!



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates