Monday, September 12, 2005

Gewurtztraminer

Eric (that other guy who "supposedly" writes on this blog) suggested that I try gewurtztraminer and he thought I would love it. In fact he is completely correct and now Gewurtz is my favoritest wine and pretty much all I buy. The first Gewurtz I ever had is still my favorite, the Fetzer "Valley Oaks" Gewurtz. I always thought of Fetzer as some sort of cheezy wine, and generally I never drink wine (I hate the red), but it was the only Gewurtz at the small liquor store I was at. it's really sweet--sweeter than most Gewurtzes I have tried (tho I have about 5 different bottles in the fridge right now to try). It is peachy and really really good with ginger/spicyness. I drink it with curries a lot, and I am drinking it with ginger candy now.

This evening it has also proven stunningly effective in fruit fly catching and extermination. Both drinking delight and entertainment. How can you pass that up?



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates