Saturday, September 24, 2005

Augsburger Oktoberfest + Berghoff Pilsner

I went to a friend's house to watch the WWE and thought I should bring some beer. She generally drinks the Honey Brown so I was looking around and saw this Augsburger Oktoberfest. It was quite reasonably priced so I tried it. Oktoberfests are supposed to be darker than this was. It was more pilsner-lagery (official term). It was quite light. I have not drunk a pilsner on purpose in quite some time as the midwestern beer scene is pretty much all miller light and this has turned me off to lighter beers. But I was happily surprised. It was great.

I also had a Berghoff Pilsner. This was similarly tasty and light, however it was more watery than the Augsburger and just generally not as flavorful. Both made me reconsider the Pilsner!



This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  


Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates